Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Change of Heart

Two-Bit and I stopped by the liquor store and picked up a flat of beer.  Darry and Soda were throwing a party at their house.  It was already ten o’clock and they told everyone it starts at 9.  The party doesn’t actually start till I get there anyways.

“I think Tim is going to be there. And I heard a rumor that your old lady Sylvia might go to” Two-Bit said. 
I gave him a cold look.
When we got to the Curtis house the door was open and I could hear the music blaring.  We brought in the beer and Soda welcomed us.
“Put your beer in the kitchen boys” he said.
I grabbed two beer and cracked one open. We went back into the living room and there was some people dancing. I spotted Johnny and went up to him handing him a beer.
After my eighth beer I was feeling really good.  I was dancing away with a few girls just having a good time.
“Hey Rhyan, you wanna dance?” I gave a smile and raised my eyebrow and took a sip of my beer.
“No thanks.” She swiftly turned away hardly even looking at me.
I followed her and put my hand on her shoulder and spun her around.
“Why not baby.  Just one dance.” I smirked.
She just shook off my hand and ran away.  I just took another drink and scouted out a girl that would actually wanna dance.  Just then was when I noticed there was a commotion by the front door. Steve and Soda were talking to someone so I went over.  It was Sylvia.
“You aren’t invited Sylvia get out.” Steve said.
“Hey Dallas” she gave me a whorish smile.
“What do you think you’re doing here you slut” I said.
“I heard there was a party, and that you’d be here.” She said.
“Before I beat the shit outta you get the fuck out.”
“You wouldn’t hurt me.”
“You wanna bet?”
“Dally come on… let’s be civil.” She put her arms on me. I instantly took them off.  “I miss you baby.”
“You should have thought about that before you cheated on me you whore.” I said.  I pushed her outta my way a bit and walked out the door, not failing to slam it behind me.  I grabbed a cigarette and my lighter out of my pocket and lit it up. “Fucking bitch…” I stopped when I was a few blocks away and just leaned against a light pole, already on my third cigarette. 
I saw a shadow coming down the street.  It was definitely a broad.  When they got closer I could tell it was a soc. I was kind of hoping she was a guy, I was really in the mood for a fight.
“What do you think you’re doing over here” I said as I walked towards her.
“Nothing greaser.  Back off” she said. I could tell she was frightened but trying to cover it up.
I just smirked at her and kept getting closer. “I think someone might be lost.”
“I said back off.” She stopped walking.
“Babe calm down.” I went to grab her but right when I said that I remembered all those times when one of the gangs sisters would be freaking out and crying and we would go beat the shit out of whoever touched her.  Which made me think of how she must be feeling.  I shouldn’t take out my anger on this poor broad. “Where are you going?”
“M-m-my b-boyfriends. He lives very close! And there are a LOT of guys there. You better watch out!”
That was a terrible cover up. But she had the right idea. “I’ll walk you. This neighborhood can be pretty sketchy.”
“No I’m fine. Just let me go.” She looked so worried.
“Fine. Go ahead.” I took a long drag of my cigarette.
She started walking. And turned her head a couple times to make sure I wasn’t gonna jump her.  I just leaned up against the post.  After she was a block away I started following her.  I know she got lucky with me, but it would be very unlikely that if she bumped into another greaser down here she would be lucky again. I had a fucked up feeling that for some reason it was my responsibility to make sure she made it to wherever she was going. 
I was just taking my time, smoking and just thinking about shit from the past when I heard arguing.  Shit. I ran about a block until I could see some shadows in an alley.  Definitely her. And two other guys.
I walked up on them pretty silently. Couple of drunk greasers, great. They had pushed her to the ground. “Hey guys, leave my girl alone.”
They all looked at me. The broad looked so scared but happy that I was there. “She’s yours, Winston?”  They were from the Brumley gang…
“Yeah she is. Now you guys better fuck off before I beat you.” I put my hand out to help her up. She was hesitant but grabbed it and got up. I wrapped my arm around her.
“Sorry Winston, if we woulda known…”
I just gave them a cold stare. “Alright, fuck off now.” I still had my arm on her and walked us out of the alley. “Where am I taking you.”
“Home” she looked at me shyly. “Thanks for everything back there.”

I just nodded.  It was a long walk across the city, she told me her name, Naomi, and her whole story, I didn’t say much just nodded and stuff to keep her going.  It was almost 4am by the time I dropped her off at her house. She thanked me again and kissed me. I just smirked, said goodnight and walked home.

12 comments:

  1. Damn. Does Dally Winston have a conscious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dallas Winston the do gooder. That's a sick joke :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you running a fever or something Dal? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, no, no. The party doesn't start until I get there, stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like we're all on one big episode of Punk'd because no way in hell is Dallas Winston "nice" :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. in other words we are currently in some sort of twisted parallel universe =p.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you trying to be all chivalrous and what not...
    Can I say that this is a very pleasant change? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, when mommy and daddy decided to bake a bun in the oven, daddy's brother decided to beat him at his own game of sibling rivalry and did the same.

    ReplyDelete